Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sweatin' to the Oldies


I am proud to say I've been to quite a number of awesome shows in the past year. And I just have to announce that, were I to give out the very prestigious 'Best Concert I've Seen 2008' award, it would go to GIRL TALK. Hands down. (cue 2 minutes of acceptance speech music)

Now, Girl Talk isn't for everyone. But this show is a must-see event if you are a fan of any or all of the following:
- Dancing
- Running in place
- Getting on Stage
- Naked DJs
- Confetti
- Forties
- Watching skinny-jeaned emo hipsters grind to Tupac and Kelly Clarkson
- Singing along
- Sweating
- Waving your hands in the ayer like you just don't cayer
- Glow sticks


I'll be the first to admit that the above list is not something I prefer to be a part of on a nightly basis. But damnit, if I didn't leave that concert happy, sweaty, ears ringing, and ready to buy any Girl Talk ticket no matter how far away or how much I'd have to pay.

No comments: